Anchorage Youth Soccer League
Summer Recreational League
Costs $160 | Cost includes a complete uniform (Jersey, shorts, and socks).
Deadline is Wednesday May 13th!!!!
The AYSL summer league is a recreational program with a season that runs from the week of May 25, 2015 through the week of July 24, 2015.
Teams are created randomly and are co-educational in nature. The focus is for players to develop their skills as well as to have fun playing the game of soccer.
Players will have one practice a week and will play one game a week. Teams are coached by volunteer parents, high school soccer players, and/or AYSC staff coaches. All games are officiated by licensed referees.
Players will need to wear shin guards, soccer shoes, bring a soccer ball and water bottle to all practices and games. Coaches will hand out uniforms at the team’s first practice. The Under 6 & Under 8 players will receive their uniform an hour prior to the first game.
We use volunteer coaches so If you are able to coach a team please email John Warren email@example.com and sign up as a volunteer coach on our website. Your child will get to play for free and we will provide coaching information and support along the way.
If you would like to request a teammate or a coach please email John Warren at ayscrec@gmail by May 14th for your request to be considered.
Games are on Friday evenings (6:30 or 7:30pm) at the JavierDela Vega Soccer Fields
**Due to local soccer tournaments on Friday 6/5 & 6/26 we are moving our games to Thursday 6/4 & 6/25 during the normally scheduled times and on the same fields just 1 day earlier.
- Under 6 & Under 8 Games will be at 6:30 PM
- Under 9 thru Under 11 Games will be at 7:30 PM
- Under 12 thru Under 14 Games will be at 7:30 PM
Practice time and locations
- Mondays (6:30-7:30pm) for Under 6 & Under 8 location Mears Middle School
- Tuesdays (6:30-7:30pm) for Under 9 through Under 11 location Dela Vega Park
- Wednesdays (6:30-7:30pm) for Under 12 through Under 14, location Dela Vega Park
If you are not sure what age group your child is, then click here for the Age Group Chart!!
League Modified Rules
The Anchorage Youth Soccer League uses the US Youth Soccer Small Sided Games manual modified rules and addenda with the following format:
- Under 6: 3 versus 3 (no goalkeepers) | four 10-minute quarters
- Under 8: 4 versus 4 (no goalkeepers) | four 12-minute quarters
- Under 9 & Under 11: 5 versus 5 (4 field players, 1 goalkeeper) | two 25-minute halves
- Under 12 & Under 14: 7 versus 7 (6 field players, 1 goalkeeper) | two 30-minute halves