Anchorage Youth Soccer League
Summer Recreational League
Costs $170 | Cost includes a complete uniform (Jersey, shorts, and socks).
Deadline is Wednesday May 4th!!!!
The AYSL summer league is a recreational program with a season that runs from the week of May 31, 2016 through the week of July 28, 2016.
Teams are created randomly and are co-educational in nature. The focus is for players to develop their skills as well as to have fun playing the game of soccer.
Players will have one practice a week and will play one game a week. Teams are coached by volunteer parents, high school soccer players, and/or AYSC staff coaches. All games are officiated by licensed referees.
Players will need to wear shin guards, soccer shoes, bring a soccer ball and water bottle to all practices and games. Coaches will hand out uniforms at the team’s first practice May 31st.
We use volunteer coaches so If you are able to coach a team please email Ashli Meek firstname.lastname@example.org and sign up as a volunteer coach on our website https://anchorageyouthsoccer.org/groups/volunteer-coach/ . Your child will get to play for free and we will provide coaching information and support along the way.
If you would like to request a teammate or a coach please email Ashli Meek the Recreational Director, email@example.com by Monday, May 9th for your request to be considered.
Players are grouped by their birth year…Click here for the Age Group Chart!!
Games are on Friday evenings (6:30 or 7:30pm) at the JavierDela Vega Soccer Fields
- 2008, 2009, & 2010 players will play at 6:30 PM
- 2007, 2006, & 2005 players will play at 7:30 PM
- 2004, 2003, & 2002 players will play at 7:30 PM
Practice time and locations
All Teams practice on Tuesdays (6:30-7:30pm) Age Groupa Under 6 – Under 15, at the Javier Dela Vega Soccer Fields - Click HERE for Field Map
League Modified Rules
The Anchorage Youth Soccer League uses the US Youth Soccer Small Sided Games manual modified rules and addenda with the following format:
- 2010 Players: 3 versus 3 (no goalkeepers) | four 9-minute quarters
- 2009 & 2008 Players: 4 versus 4 (no goalkeepers) | four 12-minute quarters
- 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 Players: 7 versus 7 (6 field players, 1 goalkeeper) | two 25-minute halves
- 2003, 2002, 2001 Players: 7 versus 7 (6 field players, 1 goalkeeper) | two 25-minute halves