The Anchorage Youth Soccer Club (AYSC) was established in 1986 by Mary Norman. One of the first soccer clubs in Alaska and host of the oldest soccer tournament in the state, the Alaska Far North Invitational. AYSC prides itself on the quality of players both on and off the field. We are a full service club, offering TOPSoccer, a recreational league, futsal league, academy, and competitive levels. Our coaching and administration staff is made up of independent contractors and volunteers who want the best for each player.
We are a soccer club that offers programs at all skill levels and age groups. Our primary focus is player and coach development. We use US Soccer’s curriculum and methods to produce well rounded players to enjoy the game of soccer (football) while advancing their game to the next level.
To be a leading soccer club in Anchorage that is committed to developing both players and coaches in a positive environment.
To offer a positive club culture and stay committed to the development and growth of all players to help them reach their goals.
AYSC focuses on educating players and coaches while maintaining a positive environment. The club promotes sportsmanship, respect, and hard work while teaching the technical, tactical, physical and psychological components of the game.
Creating a positive club culture is as important to us as creating a highly skilled and competitive player. In order to stay true to our philosophy, the club has placed great emphasis on the following:
- Long term development of all players, not just the better ones.
- Providing opportunities for our players to participate at all levels of play.
- Implementing age-appropriate training sessions by educated & licensed coaches.
- Encouraging our coaching staff to further their soccer education.
- Promoting teamwork that encourages personal discovery in players.
- Encouraging players to become well rounded athletes that love to compete.